Orange knowledge programme application
Orange knowledge programme 2019. Masters/Short Courses Deadline: it varies
Place of Study: Netherlands
Course session: 2019/2020
Orange Knowledge Programme was designed to bolster the development capacity, knowledge and quality of individuals and organisations either in the field of higher and vocational or skill-based education and in other areas related to the priority focused in the programme countries. Scholarships are offered for a group of specified short courses (with the duration 2 weeks to 12 months) and some master’s programmes (with the duration 12 – 24 months).
Inviting Institution: Dutch Universities that support OKP qualified programmes/courses.
Level/Course of study:
All courses that are available for an Orange Knowledge Programme scholarship. This application round can be found in Studyfinder. Please use Studyfinder search, using the filter ‘OKP qualified – Yes. You can as well find contact details of the institutions there.
Targeted group: Middle-career professionals who are citizen and residents and also working in qualified countries.
Values of scholarship:
The OKP scholarship is offered to supplement the salary that you will continue to receive during the study period in the Netherlands.
Another allowance is a contribution towards your costs of living such as tuition fees, visa, travel, insurance etc. sometimes, the scholarship holder is expected to pay just the difference between the actual costs and the OKP scholarship amount.
Eligibility: To be eligible applicants must:
- Be a professional and a citizen who is also working and living in one of the countries on the OKP Country list eligible at the time of application; for a list of the countries use the Google search engine, enter “OKP scholarship – qualified countries”
- Must have a valid and current employer’s statement that is in line with the format Nuffic has provided. The requisite information must be made available and all included commitments in the format must be approved in the statement;
- Must not be an employee of an organization which is expected to have their own funds for staff development, e.g. a giant multinational (Shell, Unilever, Microsoft) or a massive national and/or a robust commercial establishment a bilateral donor organization (such as USAID, DFID, Danida, Sida, Dutch Ministry of Foreign affairs, AusAid, ADC, FinAid, SwissAid). A multilateral donor organisation (e.g. a UN organisation, the World Bank, the IMF, Asian Development Bank, African Development Bank, IADB); an international NGO ( Oxfam, Plan, Care).
- Current employer’s statement must comply with the Nuffic format. Every information should be made available and all commitments, which are included in the Nuffic format, must be endorsed in the statement;
- Must have a government statement that indicates the requirements of the country in which the employer is established (if applicable);
- Must have an international passport valid for at least three months after the submission date of the registration form.
Orange knowledge programme scholarship:
There are 3 batches of application for individual scholarships in 2019. The current application batch has been opened since 7th of February. Provisional opening for the next application batch will be 6 June 2019 and 5 September 2019 respectively.
Before any applicants apply, they must make sure they review the qualification criteria carefully and check whether their employer is willing to nominate them for the scholarship.
Students should apply straight with a Dutch higher education institution of their choice.
Applicants can Contact the Dutch higher education institution which offers the OKP qualified courses of their choice for application procedures. Deadline is different depending on the course and the University.
It is necessary to read the OKP information for applicants and visit the official website (link found below) for more information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: https://www.studyinholland.nl/study/scholarships/highlighted-scholarships/orange-knowledge-programme