Japanese Government– Japanese Government Scholarships for International Undergraduate Students.
Bachelor’s Degree Deadline: varies per country
Place of Study: Japan
Course starts 2019
Japanese Government Scholarship 2019
The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT), Japan is glad to offer scholarships to overseas students who nurture the dream of studying at Japanese universities to pursue an undergraduate program through the Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship Program for 2019.
Hosting universities: Universities in Japan
The Course of Study:
Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship Program is made available for those whose wish is to study in Japan as an undergraduate student will have to choose a field of specific course from two major fields, which are; 1. Social Sciences and Humanities. 2. Natural Sciences.
Please use the scholarship provider’s website for the list of available fields of study.
Available Number of Scholarships: Not Ascertained.
Preferred group: Citizens of countries which have diplomatic relations or Ambassadors with the Japanese government.
Scholarship Benefits and Durations
The Japanese Government scholarship includes tuition fee and other allowances fee of 117,000 yen each month, and additional monthly living cost of 2,000 or 3,000 yen may be given to those pursuing study or research in a specially designated place, and transition costs to and from Japan.
Please see the official website for other scholarship benefits.
The duration of the Japanese government scholarship is five years which begins from April 2019 to March 2024, as well as one-year preparatory education in the Japanese language and other specified subjects that are to be provided as soon as arrived in Japan.
How to apply for a Japanese Government Scholarship
(1) Applicants are to ensure they have diplomatic relations with Japan.
An applicant who is related to a Japanese at the period of application is not eligible.
Applicants with dual nationality, however, who hold Japanese nationality and whose place of living at the period of application is not within Japan are eligible to apply provided that they choose to forfeit their nationality of Japan and chose the foreign country by the time of their arrival in Japan.
Applicants will be screened at the Japanese diplomatic mission in the country applicant is coming from.
2. The eligible birth age should be between April 2, 1994, and April 1, 2002.
- Applicants must have completed at least 12 years of schooling in countries specifically not in Japan. (Applicants who will meet up with the above qualifications by March 2019 are eligible. but, applicants who wish to enrol from the autumn semester through direct placement must be expected to complete 12 years of schooling by August 2019.)
- Applicants must be interested in learning the Japanese language and must be willing to carry out their assignments required from them in Japanese.
5. Health wisely, applicants must be physically Fit.
- when arriving, applicants must be arriving early in Japan between the 1st and 7th of April 2019.
7. A student visa is required by the applicant which can be gotten at the Japanese diplomatic mission located in the applicant’s country of nationality, and arrived in Japan with the residence status of “Student.”
Please see the official website for full eligibility criteria and conditions of the scholarship.
Applicants must submit alongside the required documents to the Japanese diplomatic department in the applicant’s country of residence by the specified deadline.
Due to the application deadlines and procedure differ according to the countries in which the Japanese embassy is located, applicants should ask questions at the Japanese embassy for more details. The deadline for the applications varies for each country.
It is advisable to read and visit the scholarship official website (links is provided below) for further information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.studyjapan.go.jp/pdf/applications/2019/2019_Guidelines_Undergraduate_E.pdf