Australia Awards Scholarships for International students.
A brief description of Australia Awards Scholarships:
Australia Awards Scholarships, formerly called Australian Development Scholarships (ADS), is pleased to provide opportunities for scholars from emerging countries, especially those countries based in the Indo-Pacific region, to enrol for a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate study at an accredited Australian universities or Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions.
Any of the accredited Institutions in Australia
The course of study:
Scholars are enrolled to undertake Undergraduate or Postgraduate Programmes that are related to their country’s major areas for development which are on the list involved countries profiles.
The Awards are not available for training in some areas such as flying aircraft (aeronautical), nuclear technology or military training.
The number of available Scholarships: Not given.
The targeted group of scholars: Scholars from one of the participating countries in Asia, Pacific, Africa, and the Middle East region of the world. You can make more research on the list of participating countries.
Value of Scholarship, inclusions and duration:
The scholarship includes full tuition fees, return air-fare, establishment allowance, Cost of living expenses (CLE), Student Health insurance (SHI), Introductory Academic Program, English PRE-course fees, etc. check the complete list of the scholarship value at the official website.
The Australian higher education institution offers the scholarships for the limited period required for individuals to finish the academic program which also includes preparatory training
Australian scholarship 2019
The eligibility of this scholarship entails that applicant must
- Be at least 18 years of age on 1 February of the year of accepting the scholarship.
- Be a citizen and a resident of countries participating (as listed on the Australia Awards website).
- Not be an Australian, or hold permanent residency in Australia or intending to apply for a visa to live in Australia permanently;
- Not be engaged to, married to, or a de facto of a person who holds, or a person who is eligible to hold, Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency, at the time of application, selection or mobilization phases (note: scholars living in the Cook Islands, Niue and Tokelau with New Zealand citizenship are allowed to apply but must also apply for a Student visa [subclass 500]);
- Not be a current military officer;
- Not have been a previously awarded student who has received an Australia Award before. Except if they have lived outside of Australia for twice the number of the total time that they were in Australia.
- Have provided other important criteria established by the Program board or the government of the applicant’s country of citizenship (i.e. applicant must have worked for a certain number of years in an appropriate sector);
- Be able to meet all admission requirements of the institution at which the award programme is to be undertaken to be able to provide all requirements of the Department of Home Affairs in order to hold a Student. If the recipient cannot satisfy the visa requirements, the organizing body of the scholarship may withdraw the award.
- Not be applying for a scholarship program or course of study of which they already have undertaken. (i.e an applicant PhD should not apply for Master’s program.)
- Applicants must inform the organizing body of the scholarship of any connection or relationship to staff employed at the institution of scholarship.
A handbook in PDF format is available to Read the complete eligibility criteria in the Australia Awards Policy.
Review the open and deadline dates for your country, and select your country of residency /citizenship from the list of eligible countries for specific information on the requirement, important areas and how to apply. Deadline varies for each country.
The closing date for most countries is 30th of April 2019 apart from for Cambodia which is April 15 and Vanuatu, March 31. Africa applications have closed already on 3rd of December 2018.
It is crucial to read the how to apply page and visit the participating country specific pages, and the official website (the link is provided below) for more and updated information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.dfat.gov.au/people-to-people/australia-awards/Pages/australia-awards-scholarships.aspx