Asian Development Bank Scholarship – University of Auckland. Scholarship Description:
The Asian Development Bank Scholarship programme seeks to offer an opportunity for most qualified citizens of the African Development Bank’s member countries to start postgraduate studies in management and science courses.
There are also opportunities for other development-allied fields at affiliated academic institutions in the Asia-Pacific region.
Auckland University is one of the affiliated academic institutions that quailed candidate will be studying.
Participating Institution: University of Auckland, New Zealand
Field(s) available for study:
The Asian Development Bank scholarship programme covers the following course of studies at the University of Auckland.
- Masters degree in Public Health
- Msc. In Environmental Science
- Masters degree in Arts (Development Studies)
- Master degree in International Business
- Masters degree in Engineering
University of Auckland Scholarships
Number of Scholarships: not given
Targeted scholars: citizens of an ADB borrowing member (country)
Asian Development Bank Scholarship Total Package:
The Asian Development Bank scholarship program provides for scholars the tuition fees, flight fare to and from Auckland, basic cost of living, health and medical insurance, and a special grant for thesis preparation (for scholars engaged in research).
Eligibility: candidates who want to qualify for the scholarship must:
- Be a citizen of ADB borrowing countries (you can visit the ADB – Japan Scholarship Programme for the list of current developing member countries)
- Have offered admission to an approved academic institution for a masters programme.
- Have badged a bachelors degree or its equivalent with a high academic record.
- Have a full-time professional work experience acquired after a university degree) for at least two years during the time of application.
- Show proficiency in oral and written English communication skills in order to pursue studies.
- Not be above 35 years old at the time you want to apply. Just in outstanding cases, for programmes which are meant for senior officers and managers, the age limit is 45 years
- Be healthy.
- Consent and undertake to return to your home country after the programme has been completed.
How to apply for New Zealand Scholarship
Students can only apply after admission has been offered to an eligible student to study the postgraduate programme mentioned above. Eligible students must also have received an Official Offer of Place from the University of Auckland before they can apply.
Applications for admission can be done online as an international applicant for any of the programmes available.
To apply for the Asian Development Bank scholarship programme, you will have to submit a complete application form of the Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship. This should be posted or couriered to the University with all the necessary documents. Placements for 2020 applicants will end on July 19 2020.
It is advisable applicants visit the official website (link found below) for more information on how to apply for this scholarship.